Old 14-02-2008, 04:19 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Keeping Duck Out

Davy,

You might as well join them. Given them a name and relax. Kathy is right,
you're not going to get rid of them. Us, we've named ours Hunky & Dory. Been
coming back three years now. Looking forward to seeing them any day now.

John

--

\\\|///
\\ - - //

"Davy" wrote in message
om...
I have a recent 6m x 5m pond that in its first Spring last year was
completely wrecked by a pair of mallard. We had to mount constant vigils
chase them off.
So this year it will be temporary green nylon garden netting in the
spring.
Can anybody advise me on using netting for this purpose? For instance do
need to almost 'hermetically' seal the pond or would the ducks be deterred
by netting fixed about a metre over the pond (just enough to clear the
plants) with the sides left open? Or would it be sufficient to net around
the perimeter?

I would be grateful for any advice from anybody with experience.

Davy