Old 14-02-2008, 07:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default community garden question

"rb" wrote in message
Our church is starting toward a community garden. We'll have a 150'x75' plot.
Our garden is going to go in a big lawn.
We know we should either push off the grass or we'll be doing weeding later.

However, I'm wondering if there might be some kind of grass poison which will
not effect anything except the grass we could use?

Rent a sod cutter. It will evenly remove the sod, and with it, most of the weed
seeds that have collected over the years, waiting to sprout. You will end up
with a significantly more weed-free garden, and tilling will go much easier
also.