Old 14-02-2008, 07:48 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default question for community garden on plows

"rb" wrote in message
.. .
Our church group is beginning a community garden of 150'x75'. I am a total
newbie on gardening stuff. I assume we'll be using neat rows of stuff for
planting. I'm trying to put together a package of least costly equipment.
We have a Sears GT-5000 garden tractor. Because of this, our most economical
choice would be to use it to pull eqpt. I also think it's best if we use Sears
because of warranty, deliverd right here, etc.

Most community gardens I have heard about are maintained by the people that are
given plots to use. Some people will plant things that don't want to be tilled
from year to year. You might want to consider whether really need the equipment
on an on-going basis.