Old 16-02-2008, 04:29 AM
bullthistle bullthistle is offline
Registered User

I recently picked up a used Troy Bilt from a pawn shop. An old one from Garden Way. It works. A garden tractor will compact the soil from the weight. Just because someone offers something for free does not mean there aren't other inexpensive options. I paid $400 for the Troy Bilt. It was advertised on Craigs List, which I presume you don't have across the pond. A community garden. A garden for the whole community or for a few families? Chip into buying a rototiller that everyone can use no matter has big or small their individual lots since only one person will be able to use the impliments because they have the tractor and it can only be used in large areas. Novice's should think before jumping. If you are interested in raising some perennials flowers for color in the garden go to http://propagatingperennials.blogspot.com