Old 17-02-2008, 09:06 AM
MarkHill MarkHill is offline
Registered User

Default BIG Lawnmower problem HELP!

Hello everybody,

First of all I need to say that I'm a complete idiot and very embarrassed!

Yesterday I bought my first petrol lawnmower and in the rush to get it working and the lawn mowed while it was still light I poured my 4 stoke oil in the fuel tank :0(

This morning I going to tip the mower upside down and drain the oil out. Can anyone give any advice on how I could flush out the tank a bit more thoroughly? I'm concerned that a layer of oil will cling to the tank walls and contaminate any unleaded fuel that I put in from now on.
I'm guessing that trying to flush it out with a hose is going to be a fruitless task as water doesn't shift oil at the best of times!

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!!!!!!!

Br,

Mark