Old 19-02-2008, 04:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
SteveB[_5_] SteveB[_5_] is offline

Default Garden Shed for my back garden

Alright guys. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap garden

shedonline! Iv seen www.tigergardenbuildings.co.uk which is pretty
cheapand www.simplysummerhouses.com but nothing cheaper!

In general, sheds are overpriced and underengineered. If you DIY at all,
you can make your own. Usually, if it does not have a foundation, it does
not require a permit. Four poles, some framing, some tin roofing from the
Borg, and you have a nice shed. I don't like the prebuilt ones because they
are too watertight, and then condensation causes everything inside to rust
and mold. Then there are all the spiders and critters. With a loosely
constructed building, there is air flow enough to keep things drier, and yet
enough coverage to keep things out of the weather. I don't like the sheds
either because there is NO room inside once you put all your "stuff" in
there. With a lean to, or an open sided roofed structure, you have room for
a table to work on, storage for hanging on the walls, etc. Make a floor out
of those nice pavers. Doesn't have to be really fancy or weather tight.

Steve