Old 12-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Registered User

Exclamation Garden Shed for my back garden

Alright guys. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap garden shed online! Iv seen www.tigergardenbuildings.co.uk which is pretty cheap and www.simplysummerhouses.com but nothing cheaper!

Any ideas would be greatful?

Thanks guys,
Jack
Old 18-02-2008, 11:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Garden Shed for my back garden

In article , arjack
wrote:

Alright guys. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap garden

shedonline! Iv seen www.tigergardenbuildings.co.uk which is pretty
cheapand www.simplysummerhouses.com but nothing cheaper!

Any ideas would be greatful?

Thanks guys,
Jack-- arjack

Just don't get one of those plastic sheds no matter what. Get something
you can plant around so its presence on your property is as much a
landscaping treat as the gardens themselves, rather than a blight. If you
need only a small shed, one that looks like a rustic outhouse (or once was
an outhouse) would be fun and really good looking. For a shed a bit bigger
than that but which looks like a miniature barn, look at amish hen
houses/chicken coops, a standard product that you can get without the
nestboxes by asking. These look just so sweet in a yard, but have
house-doors on them and if you need a wider door it won't do. In that case
check out "kits" for Victorian garden sheds. Get one with a little porch
and after you garden around your shed you'll find yourself sitting on the
porch as if it's home. Place it so you can later add on a miniature "car
port" to park a mower or just to do some potting or other work on a rainy
day. The cheapest sheds tend not to have siding but if they're at least
good solid wood with attractive design, you can later add inexpensive
shingles and transform it into a worthy landscape feature.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com.html
Old 19-02-2008, 04:41 AM posted to rec.gardens

Alright guys. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap garden

shedonline! Iv seen www.tigergardenbuildings.co.uk which is pretty
cheapand www.simplysummerhouses.com but nothing cheaper!

In general, sheds are overpriced and underengineered. If you DIY at all,
you can make your own. Usually, if it does not have a foundation, it does
not require a permit. Four poles, some framing, some tin roofing from the
Borg, and you have a nice shed. I don't like the prebuilt ones because they
are too watertight, and then condensation causes everything inside to rust
and mold. Then there are all the spiders and critters. With a loosely
constructed building, there is air flow enough to keep things drier, and yet
enough coverage to keep things out of the weather. I don't like the sheds
either because there is NO room inside once you put all your "stuff" in
there. With a lean to, or an open sided roofed structure, you have room for
a table to work on, storage for hanging on the walls, etc. Make a floor out
of those nice pavers. Doesn't have to be really fancy or weather tight.

Steve