Old 22-02-2008, 06:25 AM posted to rec.gardens
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default Horseradish in Containers?

"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
I love horseradish.. Just love it.. Not that crap sauce that's mixed
with mayo.. The good stuff that's blended up into a spicy paste.

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Anyway.. Since it seems invasive I was wondering if it could be grown
within a container?

Yes

I don't see any reason why not.. Seems like a good idea, and if I used a
wash tub type of container it'd be wide and allow alot of root growth.

I figure then I can harvest the outside root growth and leave the inside
for regrowth in the next season.

Sound like a plan, or am I nuts?

It's fine

Hmmm.. Would I have to bring it in, or could it winter outside?

My climate isn't that cold but i think the top will die off and the roots go
dormant through winter. If you want to be sure keep some roots over winter.

David