Old 24-02-2008, 03:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Skinty Skinty is offline

Default Replacing Leylandii hedge

Try Chopper Beech /Privet / non ever green but use Laurels Anytime did you
Remove the Conifer Stumps ?

Regards
Digs

"®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:08:49 -0000, Charlie Pridham
wrote and included this (or some of
this):

In article ,
says...

I have removed a monstrous Leylandii hedge and want to replace it with
something more attractive and evergreen that will tolerate the poor
soil left behind. Would Portuguese laurel fit the bill?

It will, and so will cherry laurel, but the expression out of the frying
pan and into the fire comes to mind! (I have just cut my laurel hedge and
am right off it!)

Laurels are bad news. They don't half grow!

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²