Old 24-02-2008, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fred Fred is offline

Default tillers, rotavators, and cultivators: what's the difference?

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:31:51 -0800 (PST), Rod
wrote:

if there's a mat of vegetation like brambles or
long grass it just gets wrapped round and drags the machine along at a
great rate of knots. With the big machine the wheels are in charge and
they control the forward speed unless the rotor gets hold of something
really nasty.

Thanks. But in my case I have already cleared the ground of brambles
and grass, so do I need the big one? The only thing I haven't done yet
is dig it all over. I've started but not got far; that's why I'm
looking at these