Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Gene S

Default Bermuda grass question

LOL - reminds me. I once mixed some mostly nitrogen
fertilizer into a thick spray & applied it to some young
weeds. It killed the weeds & was good for the grass that
was later planted.

Gene

--
E-mail:

"Rusty Mase" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 19:22:31 -0500, "John T. Jarrett"
wrote:

I'd vouch for the 'Burmuda loves fertilizer' arguement!

In my youth I played golf and one time the greens manager was putting
out nitrogen so thick you could see it. He explained he was "weeding"
the greens (Tiff bermuda grass) by "burning" out all the weeds. The
bermuda loved it. Also, a farmer growing coastal bermuda hay was
applying about 100 pounds of nitrogen per acre 3 times a year to grow
his crop. That is a lot of ammonium nitrate.

Both seemed to work.

Rusty Mase