Old 27-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Maxim Maxim is offline
Registered User

These replies are absolutely excellent! The Highgate garden centre provides a huger range of seeds so no problem there. I like the idea of herbs, as to add to salads at dinner and utilising the little spaces that cannot be used by anything else. Im not quite sure if any melons will survive though! I have been planting broad beans since the very beginning! With blackberries or rasberries im not very sure as there are plenty of wild species in our Hampstead Heath park in the deep wooded areas. I have plenty of cane and chicken wire i can use. Im thinking tomatoes? Yes id rather have something i can harvest and eat later on. However i do plant the Big Russian Giant sunflowers as they provide a very colourful addition! My mother also accepted the idea of buying one of those cubicals that are covered in plastic you can zip and unzip.
The planting location is sunny during the afternoon mostly as its located under trees and in North West. I also tried corn, which didnt prove much of a success, mostly in the later stages, any ideas why?