Old 27-02-2008, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Petunia question

On Feb 24, 10:11*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 24/2/08 18:24, in article , "Frank Booth

Snr" wrote:
I grew a trailing double-petalled white petunia in a window box which
was verysuccessful last season. I went onto my balcony ready to throw
away all the old annuals when noticed that on the Petunia new buds have
broken with fresh leaves just emerging. I've pruned the plant back quite
hard, with sevral old stems left with live buds.

Will this plant be expected to flourish for a second year?

No reason why not if it doesn't get frosted. *You must be living somewhere
warm enough - this winter, at least - to allow it to be a perennial.

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

Also Sacha, it is very easy to take cuttings of overwintered petunia,
just nip out the growing tip, pull off excess leaves and put into sand
and potting compost usually with 100% success, No doubt Ray has been
doing this for years. How is he BTW busy I would tink at this time of
year?

Judith in London at the moment.