Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
jamie

Default Testing Posting Ability

(posted and emailed)

LYNN FORRES wrote:
in case anyone wants to know, I have posted replays to questions and have
never seen my responses posted - just thought maybe this group was very
exclusive, selective, and restricted "outside" commentary........that's
interesting, but I do have decent contributions....and a lot of experience.

I see a handful of posts from you in the Google archive in
austin.gardening and austin.food, starting late August.
(If you're not familiar with searching the archives, the link is
http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search )

It seems to be a common accidental setting in Outlook Express, especially
when first setting up the news account, to mark your own posts as
already read, effectively killfiling yourself.

I don't use Outlook (or Windows) myself, so I can't tell you exactly where
in the Outlook menus you would find this, but look for it under "filters"
or "blocked senders" or possibly "bozo bin" in your newsgroup settings.

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."