Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
gary

Default Testing Posting Ability

So, it is REPLIES that you are having problems with, not posts in general?
Perhaps you are using the REPLY button instead of REPLY GROUP? That is the
button in OE you should use.

Also check VIEWCURRENT VIEW. If you have "Show Replies to my messages"
checked for a newsgroup, it will show ONLY replies to your posts and nothing
else. In the top part, make sure you have just "Show all messages" or "Hide
read messages" checked.

Try replying to this message or one of the others by using REPLY GROUP and
see what happens. If you do not have that button available, right click on
that tool bar, find it and move it over so it will be visible.

gary

"LYNN FORRES" wrote in message
m...
in case anyone wants to know, I have posted replays to questions and have
never seen my responses posted - just thought maybe this group was very
exclusive, selective, and restricted "outside" commentary........that's
interesting, but I do have decent contributions....and a lot of

experience.
l.

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
lester wrote:
Pardon the test to see if the posting is working OK.

No problem, but next time try alt.test

--
Victor M. Martinez | The University of Texas at Austin
| Department of Chemical Engineering
http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv | Austin, TX 78712
If we knew what we were doing it would not be called research, would it?