Old 03-03-2008, 01:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Uncle_vito Uncle_vito is offline

Default Need support wire

Thanks. I have a Michael just down the street.

Vito

"tenman" wrote in message
Uncle_vito wrote:
Actually this is a stem off to the side. I do have a stick supporting
the vertical stem but this is a horizontal stem with lots of flowers out
about 9 inches from the verticle stem.

I have another phal that I bought in bloom with a wire twisting around
the horizontal stem. I do not know if this is just regular wire or
something more springy. That phal has almost finished flowering. I
could use that wire on the phal in question.

Vito

Vito-

What you're looking for is called floral wire, available in a range of
thicknesses and lengths and either green or silver. I get mine at a large
crafts store in my area called Michael's. Call around and see who carries
it in your area.

It's very easy to work with and a medium thickness will be most versatile;
strong enough to hold but thin enought to bend easily with hands and
pliers. It's pretty cheap, too, in packs of about 20 pieces.

Tennis