Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Gae Xavier

Default Faux rocks?

I love Hypertufa! In fact, I have fantasies of becoming the "Hypertufa Queen
of Austin" when I retire and have time to devote to something other than
working and paying bills. One day...

J Kolenovsky wrote:

In regard to homemade rock (hyper-tufa),
http://www.the-water-garden-and-gard.../Hypertufa.htm

Whit wrote:

I've got a pond/creek in the backyard, I intend to put a nice waterfall
back there, but those darned rocks are heavy, and I always have to move
them 3 or 4 times before they are right.

Anybody ever made a 'water feature' with styrofoam? I'm thinking I can
get a huge chunk and carve it into a pleasing shape then coat it with
something, but what is that something?

Any ideas, I really don't want a store-bought/prefab look.

Thanks

--
J Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
τΏτ - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/reference.html