Old 04-03-2008, 12:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default "Christmas (maybe crab) Cactus" question

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 18:59:17 -0800, "Marc Reinig"
wrote:

I have a "Christmas Cactus", Schlumbergera truncata(?), that has never
really bloomed much over the years: some years one or two blossoms in Feb.,
some years none.

They can be temperamental. I have several varieties, each having its
own rest period. They like light feedings of organic fertilizers
(fish emulsion, manure tea, etc), cooler temperatures, and fast
drainage. Be careful about overwatering. If you have not repotted one
in two years it may be time for some fresh potting soil.