Old 06-03-2008, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Duncan Duncan is offline

Default Morning Glory

"Dave Brown" wrote in message
news

I am having trouble growing this supposedly easy climber. Starting the
seeds in damp general purpose compost on a warm windowcill they soon
germinate. However shortly after the first leaves open they turn yellow
and die. I have checked the root of the dead seedlings and it looks
healthly not rotten. All my other flower and veg seed are started
exactly the same and never have a problem but this happens everytime
with Morning Glory. Any ideas?

--
Dave Brown

I've had exactly the same happen, yet the miserable single survivor managed
to self-sow. The self-set plant beside a wall did far better than any of the
same year's deliberate plantings.

Duncan