Old 06-03-2008, 04:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
z z is offline

Default "Christmas (maybe crab) Cactus" question

On Mar 3, 9:59*pm, "Marc Reinig" wrote:
I have a "Christmas Cactus", Schlumbergera truncata(?), that has never
really bloomed much over the years: *some years one or two blossoms in Feb.,
some years none.

This year it bloomed from the second week of December through the first week
of January, with 13 blossoms! *Now, in March its blooming again with at
least 8 blossoms.

It's in a slightly different location, but not radically. *Any one have a
clue what is going on?

Is it that sensitive and I have found its sweet spot?

*Is this its last hurrah and its going to expire? *We've had it for almost
30 years.

Thanks in advance,

Marco
Marc Reinig
UCO/Lick Observatory
Laboratory for Adaptive Optics

they're also sensitive to amount of light (from what i hear, i haven't
got any more control over mine than you); too much light makes them
think it's summer and not bloom, even if they've already started.