Old 06-03-2008, 03:42 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] mikeerdas@yahoo.com is offline

Default Where else to buy seed germination blankets aside from Lowes andHome Depot? Seeding during a drought?

On Mar 6, 10:25*am, wrote:
Chris Dukes
1) Most folks here will tell you that trying to put in new grass in the
spring is an excercise in futility.

It may well be. That's why I've asked.

2) Everyone I've personally met from here is looking to have less grass growing

That's a great goal. Frankly, I think the OCD lawn people should
consider other hobbies. Maybe volunteering at a golf course?

But what about those whose "lawns" are down to bare soil, and what
little soil left continues to erode away? Seems centipede and bermuda
grass are the best choices for around Raleigh--deep roots, little
water required (once established), fertilizer generally not required,
less mowing (grows slower than fescue, which is a thirsty, rapidly
growing grass), etc.

I don't much care what grass I have, but I need something to:

1) Stop the erosion
2) Keep up the value of my property

Wonder what NCSU's Agricultural extension is recommending to builders
and new home owners given drought conditions.