Old 06-03-2008, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
T i m T i m is offline

Default ScareCrows etc ..

Hi All,

Fed up with having walk across the rough lawn down to the compost bin
like it was a minefield (and sometimes getting it wrong) and until I
can breed my own 'cat hawk' g I've decided to look into cat
repellents again. I thought I'd give one of the automatic vermin
sensing water sprinkler jobbies, like the Scarecrow a go?

http://tinyurl.com/mgejz

There are other makes and models out there so does anyone have any
recommendations re what model please? What have you got, how well does
it work etc?

Failing that I like the idea of the third paragraph from bottom on
this page ..

http://tinyurl.com/2eo573

do we have the same system over here (if not why not!) ;-)?

"Hello, yes, I believe I have YOUR cat in MY garden. Could you come
and get it and while you are here clean the mess off three pairs of
shoes, two motorbike tyres and several places in the garden please".
:-(

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. I wouldn't actually hurt any animal but this cat thing is really
starting to get on my nerves (and up my nose, it really stinks). I can
understand that we (gardeners) often have to spend time and money
protecting our plants from natural pests etc but why should we have to
spend ANY time or money protecting ourselves from someone else's
'pet'? Maybe there could be some sort of 'cat tax' that would provide
some funds to issue non cat owners these deterrent measures foc (like
the car insurance fund to compensate us against claims issues on
uninsured drivers)?