Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
jamie

Default St. Aug or Zoysia?

animaux wrote:
St. Augustine has a very wide (1/4") blade and is coarse looking. Spreads by
above rhizomes. Zoysia is a very fine textured blade, at about (1/6") inch and
is much thicker and harder to mow without a high mower.

I think I'd call Zoysia more of a medium than fine blade (compared
to say, Buffalo or Bermuda). I'm pretty sure the Zoysia is a darker
green than St. Augustine, as well as being narrower than St. A., and
the Zoysia blades tend to curl when drying out, so that they look sort
of like needle-ish. I tried a few plugs of Zoysia in a few bare spots,
but I didn't like the way they looked, and pulled them out.

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."