Old 07-03-2008, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
T i m T i m is offline

Default ScareCrows etc ..

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:41:45 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

p.s. If you could recognise cat's from foxes or anything else I'd be
happy to send you a picture (I have plenty of choice out there) if
you drop me a line (addy works).

Fox poo is generally more pointy at the ends than cat poo and it's softer
and smellier(and mostly black IME).

Have a look at...
http://www.foundationtv.co.uk/brilli...how2item4.html

http://www.foxdna.animals.uwa.edu.au...ox_poo_mystery

Hmm, thanks for those Bob (I think! g).

The stuff that I seem to have in this long grass area seems much
lighter in colour (pinky / cream), about 3" in a spirally diameter
pile (overall) and sticks like (well, you know), seems nearly
waterproof and the smell lingers for ages. :-(

Yesterday I was moving my motorbike from our back garden to a mates
garage down the road. I had to do a 3 point turn onto this grassy area
so checked the area first for this 'mess'. I then pushed the bike the
1/8 mile and as soon as I got it in his garage I could smell something
was wrong. There it was still stuck to the back tyre. I took the rear
wheel off, dug most of it out of the tread with an old screwdriver
onto some newspaper (god it stunk) and then washed / scrubbed the tyre
under a running tap with some disinfectant (because of the smell and
risks).

A while back neighbour asked if I knew if anyone was putting down some
sort of black grease against cats as theirs had walked in it (from 5
houses away) and walked it all over their white leather sofa. I didn't
know (at the time but found out later) but I did have a quiet laugh to
myself afterwards (serves them right sorta thing).

It turns out it was a guy a few doors long who had put something along
the top of his high fence as he had been losing fish from his pond
(and had seen cats doing it).

Anyway, I don't really care what animal it is, I just don't want it in
my back garden! ;-)

All the best and thanks again Bob ..

T i m