Old 07-03-2008, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Burns Chris Burns is offline

Default ScareCrows etc ..

p.s. I wouldn't actually hurt any animal but this cat thing is really
starting to get on my nerves (and up my nose, it really stinks). I can
understand that we (gardeners) often have to spend time and money
protecting our plants from natural pests etc but why should we have to
spend ANY time or money protecting ourselves from someone else's
'pet'?

Hi Tim

I'm sensing we've had a similar time of it lately :-)

I've had a cat (well I assume so) crapping on my front lawn but have managed
to stop it by sloshing ordinary household vinegar around the 'target' area.
Every few days seems to do the trick in my experience. Obviously don't
slosh it on the grass itself or it'll scorch it but if you put in on
surrounding paths, drain covers etc, it should work with any luck.

BTW I agree with the cat tax idea. a 2 litre container of vinegar every
month is not much, but it's more money (and effort spent) than I should have
to be using!!

Cheers, Chris