Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
animaux

Default Black Spot, Sulphur & 'Organic Rose' Book

If the sulfur is not labeled for use on roses, I wouldn't risk it. However,
they do sell a product which is organic at Lowes in their organic section. It's
called Bonide Remedy. It is labeled for fungal problems. A small container
cost about 10 dollars, but it works. Make sure you fully clean up all dropped
foliage around the rose when they lose their infected leaves. Add a nice layer
of a good compost and mulch. Since our roses bloom all winter, around here, I'd
say you can treat them now with no problem. If there are buds or blooms on the
plant, nip them off. Do not make multiple cuts on an infected plant with
unclean sequiturs. Dip them into 1 part bleach to 9 parts water, dry off each
time, then make another cut. Ounce of precaution thing...

Victoria

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:51:00 -0600, "John T. Jarrett" wrote:

Over the spring I had borrowed an Organic Rose book that I gave back and
can't find.

It had a recipe for Sulphur powder for Black Spot.

Day before yesterday was the first day I'd seen my roses in bright light
for, what, a week? And they are covered. I'd got some powdered sulphur, but
now I can't remember what I was supposed to do with it...

tia!