Old 08-03-2008, 05:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chris[_6_] Chris[_6_] is offline

Default Moles, help...

"Pat" wrote in message

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I've also been reading on the subject
(on-line) and you are right, there is no easy solution :-( Most
repellants, chemicals, etc. apparantly don't work. Trapping appears to
be the only effective way of doing it, and if you have more than a couple
of moles, it's a long term process. Oh, well,... I think I'll order a
few traps and give it a shot.

There are three different kinds of traps. Harpoon, scissors and pincher.
Each kind takes a different technique. I like the pincher style. I know
how to use them and they work well.

So, after you get rid of the mole(s), do they eventually come back and have
to do it all over again?

BTW, in your opinion, what are the advantages of a "pincher"? (have seen the
harpoon and the scissor types but not the pincher type, what do they look
like?) Also, I saw prices for mole traps on-line, ranging from $6 to $30
each. Is there a specific, reasonable source you know of?

I am finding that I have a lot to learn, in order to fight moles :-)
Different traps, different techniques, different results. Some swear by the
"scissors type", others by the "pincher type". It'll be a looong process to
learn about and get rid of these pests.

Chris