Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Al Hanke

Default Black Spot, Sulphur & 'Organic Rose' Book

Sulphur is sulphur and dusting sulphur is dusting sulphur. As long as you
use dusting sulphur and not granular sulphur you should get the desired
results. Be careful with dusting sulphur in hot weather. Don't use it when
daytime temperatures exceed 85 F. It can burn. This is not a problem with
granular sulphur which is a product used more on lawn areas.

Dusting sulphur is also a good insecticide and controls a number of insect
problems. Now is a good time to use it as the weather has cooled down and
is very pleasant.

Al Hanke

"John T. Jarrett" wrote in message
Over the spring I had borrowed an Organic Rose book that I gave back and
can't find.

It had a recipe for Sulphur powder for Black Spot.

Day before yesterday was the first day I'd seen my roses in bright light
for, what, a week? And they are covered. I'd got some powdered sulphur,

but
now I can't remember what I was supposed to do with it...

tia!
--

John T. Jarrett
http://logontexas.com