Old 08-03-2008, 11:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Rain, at last

http://www.panix.com/~rpmadmin/stump.../wrapper.cgiOn Sat, 8 Mar 2008 12:46:15 CST, Olde Hippee wrote:

Hi there, I'm guessing you're in the SE US. That is quite a storm
covering the eastern seaboard. We're in the middle of a toad-drowner,
gully-washer storm right now here in DE with thunder and lightening.
We can use the rain, but not as badly as the SE. We've had a few
inches, 3 - 4 probably as the neighbors yard is flooding.
That should bring out the spring peepers next week, they are about due
to start singing. They can get so loud from the water on our pool
cover right outside the sliding doors that we have to close them to
even hear the tv. And they are so small they fit on a thumbnail.
Hope you get your resevoirs and lakes refilled, Nan in DE

I'm in the northeastern part of Suwannee County in Florida. It's
right near where I-10 and I-75 intersect if you look on a roadmap. We
were under a tornado and severe thunderstorm watch, but most of the
really nasty weather went either just north or just south of me,
thankfully. The pond is as full as I've ever seen it. We got 3.16
total here. While it isn't nearly enough, the land is so poorly
drained here that it will probably look pretty wet for the next month
even if it doesn't rain any more. I thought about cutting the weeds
in the pond when the water was low, but now it has rained so much that
I can't. Like I say, never do today what you can possibly put off
until tomorrow, you may not have to do it.
--
Galen Hekhuis
Hell hath no fury like a bird in the hand