Old 08-03-2008, 04:33 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Rain, at last

We're almost up to 3 inches now. I'd go out and tell you how full the
pond is but it is still raining and I'm afraid I might melt.
--
Galen Hekhuis
Illiterate? Write for FREE help

Old 08-03-2008, 05:48 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Galen Hekhuis" wrote in message
We're almost up to 3 inches now. I'd go out and tell you how full the
pond is but it is still raining and I'm afraid I might melt.
--
Galen Hekhuis
Illiterate? Write for FREE help
=======================
I'm so glad you're getting some of the rain you so desperately need down
there. It's snowing lightly here tonight. Just the other evening I was
listening to the spring peepers in the neighbor's stock pond.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:15 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

We're almost up to 3 inches now.

Need about 1,000 inches to make up?

k :-)

Old 08-03-2008, 06:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mar 7, 11:33 pm, Galen Hekhuis wrote:
We're almost up to 3 inches now. I'd go out and tell you how full the
pond is but it is still raining and I'm afraid I might melt.
--
Galen Hekhuis
Illiterate? Write for FREE help

Hi there, I'm guessing you're in the SE US. That is quite a storm
covering the eastern seaboard. We're in the middle of a toad-drowner,
gully-washer storm right now here in DE with thunder and lightening.
We can use the rain, but not as badly as the SE. We've had a few
inches, 3 - 4 probably as the neighbors yard is flooding.
That should bring out the spring peepers next week, they are about due
to start singing. They can get so loud from the water on our pool
cover right outside the sliding doors that we have to close them to
even hear the tv. And they are so small they fit on a thumbnail.
Hope you get your resevoirs and lakes refilled, Nan in DE

Old 08-03-2008, 11:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

http://www.panix.com/~rpmadmin/stump.../wrapper.cgiOn Sat, 8 Mar 2008 12:46:15 CST, Olde Hippee wrote:

Hi there, I'm guessing you're in the SE US. That is quite a storm
covering the eastern seaboard. We're in the middle of a toad-drowner,
gully-washer storm right now here in DE with thunder and lightening.
We can use the rain, but not as badly as the SE. We've had a few
inches, 3 - 4 probably as the neighbors yard is flooding.
That should bring out the spring peepers next week, they are about due
to start singing. They can get so loud from the water on our pool
cover right outside the sliding doors that we have to close them to
even hear the tv. And they are so small they fit on a thumbnail.
Hope you get your resevoirs and lakes refilled, Nan in DE

I'm in the northeastern part of Suwannee County in Florida. It's
right near where I-10 and I-75 intersect if you look on a roadmap. We
were under a tornado and severe thunderstorm watch, but most of the
really nasty weather went either just north or just south of me,
thankfully. The pond is as full as I've ever seen it. We got 3.16
total here. While it isn't nearly enough, the land is so poorly
drained here that it will probably look pretty wet for the next month
even if it doesn't rain any more. I thought about cutting the weeds
in the pond when the water was low, but now it has rained so much that
I can't. Like I say, never do today what you can possibly put off
until tomorrow, you may not have to do it.
--
Galen Hekhuis
Hell hath no fury like a bird in the hand

Old 09-03-2008, 04:05 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 17:17:24 CST, Galen Hekhuis
wrote:

I'm in the northeastern part of Suwannee County in Florida. It's
right near where I-10 and I-75 intersect if you look on a roadmap. We
were under a tornado and severe thunderstorm watch, but most of the
really nasty weather went either just north or just south of me,

Glad to hear the tornadoes missed you.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb

Old 10-03-2008, 03:20 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Galen Hekhuis wrote:
We're almost up to 3 inches now. I'd go out and tell you how full the
pond is but it is still raining and I'm afraid I might melt.
--
Galen Hekhuis
Illiterate? Write for FREE help

40 cm of snow in Southern Ontario

NUFF SAID

Old 11-03-2008, 09:44 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mar 10, 11:20 am, ©anadian Ponder " wrote:
Galen Hekhuis wrote:
We're almost up to 3 inches now. I'd go out and tell you how full the
pond is but it is still raining and I'm afraid I might melt.
--
Galen Hekhuis
Illiterate? Write for FREE help

40 cm of snow in Southern Ontario

NUFF SAID

OOOOOOH, please keep that white stuff up north!! I am so done with
winters.
Galen, glad the tornados missed you and that your waterways are
gaining ground on the drought. Is that resevoir out of trouble yet?
Our koi are lying to us, telling us it is warm enough to feed them,
they follow us from one end of the pond to the other as we walk out to
the car. Talk about a guilt trip. They will just have to wait til the
water is up to 50. DH bought salt to dose the pond with, so they will
be getting even more frisky. They love it when he puts salt in there.
It is such a good spring tonic for them.
Happy Ponding, Nan

Rate This Thread: