Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
animaux

Default Black Spot, Sulphur & 'Organic Rose' Book

Take a look at www.dirtdoctor.com for a better recipe. The way the baking soda
works is that, it changes the pH of the leaf surface making it inhospitable to
the black spot, and certain other fungal diseases.

Good cultural practices like using a lot of compost twice a year, along with a
thick (3") layer of mulch and a good fertilizer (like Sustane, Ladybug Brand or
Green Sense) will all add to the vigor of the plant.

On Sat, 9 Nov 2002 10:54:59 -0600, "Sibel D. Unalmis"
wrote:

Someone suggested me mixing 1TSP baking soda in 1 gallon of water and spray
the roses with it in cool season. Apparently it doesn't work in summer due
to heat. Now is good. I tried that last year, it seems to be working. But
it is not an immediate solution. You need to keep doing for several weeks
which I haven't.

Regards,
Sibel

"John T. Jarrett" wrote in message
Over the spring I had borrowed an Organic Rose book that I gave back and
can't find.

It had a recipe for Sulphur powder for Black Spot.

Day before yesterday was the first day I'd seen my roses in bright light
for, what, a week? And they are covered. I'd got some powdered sulphur,

but
now I can't remember what I was supposed to do with it...

tia!
--

John T. Jarrett
http://logontexas.com