Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
animaux

Default Bradford Pear Losing Bark

You bought some kind of pesticide you can spray, but you don't even know if you
have pests? How will you know if the problem will be solved if you don't know
what you have?

Where is the tree bark coming off? If it's at the bottom is it possible you or
your landscaper is girdling it with the weed wacker aka lawn mower disease?

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:44:47 -0600, "Gary Harper"
wrote:

I write a about a week ago about my Bradford Pear losing bark. I took a
closer look and there are several holes under the loose bark. The holes are
about 1/8" in diamater. I bought some kind of pesticide oil from Home Depot
that I can spray with a sprayer and water hose. I have no idea if this will
work but I'll give it a try.

Also, should I do anything to the tree where the bark fell off to protect
the tree? Will the bark ever grow back or will my tree die next year?

Thanks,
Gary