Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
animaux

Default Bradford Pear Losing Bark

Holes can also be from sapsuckers or a host of other birds. I don't know what
kind of oil he bought, but I'm not too sure it's labeled for use on borers.

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:49:50 -0600, "John T. Jarrett" wrote:

He said he found holes...its going to be a borer.

Nothing you can do to get the wood back. Spray the insecticide in the hole
then plug the hole with some putty.

Depending on the size of the hole they made inside the tree, the tree may be
too weak and break, but if it hasn't yet and we've had plenty of wind, then
you are probably ok.

As long as the bark hasn't peeled off in a complete circle around the tree
(or more correctly - if they haven't bored under the bark all the way around
the tree where the thin layer of living vessels are) then the tree should be
able to keep moving the water up and the food down and keep growing.

Good luck!