Old 10-03-2008, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Frogs

On 10/3/08 17:17, in article , "K"
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Thank you to both Roberts. I'll take a closer look tomorrow if I can. Just
now the ones we do see are in the water, doing what comes naturally so it's
just the occasional glimpse that allows me to see them. I think the biggest
I saw today was probably 8" long when he stretched right out. He really was
a huge and senior member of the colony! I don't think taking my eye down to
a memory of 6" does him real justice.

He was probably a she - the females are noticeably larger.

Very alpha female then! They seem to be taking a break now and although we
hear them, the water is no longer full of little heads popping up to take a
look round every now and then.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk