Old 11-03-2008, 08:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Mar11-A - Heucherella-IMG_1175.JPG

John - Pa. wrote in message
By the way, as long as I am fooling around with cameras, here is the
same plant about 30-minutes later taken with a different camera. In
this case it is a Sony DSC-T100 pocket camera.

Because the zoom level was different (hard to judge by guessing), I
had to crop down the Sony image to more-or-less match the framing of
the tighter Canon shot. If anything this would have put the Sony at a
disadvantage, but I think that I prefer the Sony over the Canon image.
I think that both the colors and the exposure are more accurate in the
Sony and that the image is sharper.

JD

It's certainly sharper, can't comment on the colours of course. I thought
the first was superb ... the second shows that my judgement was wrong,
what's a superlative of 'superb'?

:-)

Mary