Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM

Default Thrumbergia

Thumbergia is sometimes called "creeping zinnia". It has small yellow
flowers and will get about 3 or 4 foot ling. It's great for hanging
baskets.
"Texensis" wrote in message

"Brian Martin" wrote in message
| does anyone know anything about this vine? I was able to get a start
of it
| at the Renaissance Festival this weekend. It is beautiful and
growing every
| were out there. But I can't find anything on its care. Only that it
is from
| Hawaii.
| Thanks,
| Lorraine

You'll hear people cann thunbergia "clockvine" sometimes. I've seen it
in three varieties: orange-y yellow with black center eye, white with
black center eye, and orange-y yellow with green center eye. It likes
the sun and dislikes the cold weather. It will hold it's own during
the summer with a little watering, but it won't bloom much, if at all.
I think it kills back entirely over the winter. But it self-sows very
easily with no human intervention. It twines, and we grow it on rabhit
fencing and on nylon peanet. Right now, since it's been cooler, it has
begun blooming again.