Old 14-03-2008, 05:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Williams[_3_] Bob Williams[_3_] is offline

Default Mar11-A - Heucherella-IMG_1175.JPG

John - Pa. wrote:
I was just fooling around with a little compact camera that we have (a
Canon A620) and took this portrait of a Heucherella "Stoplight". I've
been growing this indoors as a houseplant.

JD

The Canon image is definitely "greener". Seems a bit unnatural though.
Since you have the original plant and consider that the Sony yields
truer colors, I would concur.
Did you use a tripod in both/either instance?
Was the lighting precisely the same in both case? No fluorescent light
assist in the Canon?
Canon Auto White balance may be a little off if shot indoors.
Different cameras use different amounts of sharpening by default.
Canon may use less sharpening.
Sony uses the legendary Zeiss Tessar lens. This may account for some of
the increased sharpness.

To get a really valid comparison of the two cameras it is necessary to
shoot both pictures under precisely the same conditions.
Tripod, Reproducible lighting, Identical in-camera sharpening (as close
as possible),same image quality (degree of compression), etc.
BTW, nice pictures.
Bob Williams