Old 15-03-2008, 09:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Dave Gillingham Dave Gillingham is offline

Default It's slow & quiet here, so some more of the same!

Ray, you're probably sick of my recommending Ross Harvey's Cedarvale website.
But Ross *does* grow outstanding speciosums. So have a look at
http://www.cedarvaleorchids.com/html...endrobium_.asp

That article is fairly general, covering most of the Dendrocoryne section of
genus Dendrobium. But it's certainly relevant to speciosumns & kingianums.

What Ross doesn't mention is that most of his larger speciosums (and they get
pretty big) are in big saucers, bowls or whatever you want to call them.

Any of the Victorian cohort want to add more?

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:53:55 GMT, "Ray B" wrote:

By the way, it's obvious the poor thing needs repotting. Any suggestions on
what to do with it?

I don't want to go with a larger hanging basket, as the weight of the damned
thing will collapse the greenhouse structure! I was considering a non-S/H
use of PrimeAgra in a large plastic pot.

Dave Gillingham