Old 15-03-2008, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] spudman101@googlemail.com is offline

Default weeding times ahead

On Mar 15, 7:30*pm, "Muddymike" wrote:
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message

Hello all,
*my name's Roger I have an allotment i know very little about
gardening but was hopin to pick up a few tips on growing veggies on my
plot.
The plot was absolutely covered with weeds and i covered what area i
could with carpet and a piece of black plastic i believe some of the
weeds were called mares tail there was grass of all varieties. I was
just wondering how long i had to wait before this killed off the
little blighters and i could start digging the ground through with a
few to gettin some potatoes in. cheers to any one that responds.

Do you really mean Mare's Tail? *Or do you have Horse Tail? *See he

"Mare's tail" works for me, see;http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0705/equisetum.asp

Mike

ok well thanks for that i suupodse i shall have to wait a few weeks
then
before i dig through