Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Texensis

Default Thrumbergia

"Brian Martin" wrote in message
| Yeah...it grow great out at the Renaissance...were did you get
yours...can
| you order them? I pull a root before I left...but I would like to
have a
| full plant!ha! Oh...and shade or sun? Theirs was in the
shade...growing up
| the trees.
| Thanks,
| Lorraine

It prefers sun but will take partial shade. It will not stand the heat
of summer itself. It will survive it, but not bloom through it. Right
now it's blooming. Park Seed has seeds for this, as well as for many
other southern favorites (this is a long link--search on thunbergia,
black eyed susan):
http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/comme...o/psProduct2.d
2w/report?UNID=32316:38:40.016&itemnum=1957
If you like thunbergia you may want to try cypress vine (a/k/a
cardinal climber), an ipomoea/relative of morning glories, with pretty
cut leaves and small, red trumpet-shaped flowers attractive to
hummingbirds (also returning to bloom now that it's cooler). Cypress
vine is usually to be found on seed-packet racks around town, which
isn't the case with clockvine.