Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Cliff

Default Rear-tine or front-tine tiller?

I have a front tine and it does good in either areas which have never been
tilled or previously worked areas. I used my son-in-laws rear tine on some
hard ground and found it wanted to walk over the area without doing much
tilling, driven by the tines not the wheels. This was the small Troy built
so weight might have something to do with that. With the front tine I can
control the depth of tilling and the forward speed.

"J Kolenovsky" wrote in message
I'm starting a native plant consulting and design business and an Aggie
friend says for me to buy a real good rear-tine tiller as opposed to a
front-tine. I have only had experience with front-tine. The rear-tine
with forward/reverse gears and powered transmissions look like precision
equipment and worth the money invested.

Any comments?
--
J Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP