Old 16-03-2008, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan McKenzie Alan McKenzie is offline

Default weeding times ahead

Hi Roger,

what i do with mare or horses tail is the following. If there are individual
bits I place a systemic weedkiller, forget the name of what I used but it
was a paint on one with a brush included.
I get a plastic coin bag, paint the inside with the weed killer and then
place over and wrap tightly around.
I then mark it with a plant label to make finding easier.
After about a week it will have died.
Mares or horse tail have incredibly long and thin roots so hand weeding is
definately a no no.
hope this helps

wrote in message
Hello all,
my name's Roger I have an allotment i know very little about
gardening but was hopin to pick up a few tips on growing veggies on my
plot.
The plot was absolutely covered with weeds and i covered what area i
could with carpet and a piece of black plastic i believe some of the
weeds were called mares tail there was grass of all varieties. I was
just wondering how long i had to wait before this killed off the
little blighters and i could start digging the ground through with a
few to gettin some potatoes in. cheers to any one that responds.