Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Rusty Mase

Default Ameri-willow trees?

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 05:59:27 GMT, animaux
wrote:

Sweetgums are beautiful trees. They grow very slowly and back in the 70s had no
way to be "sexed" and were, in general, considered trash trees. By trash tree I
mean they spewed a lot of debris in the form of those wonderful balls that
pierced my foot many times!

No, no, you don't leave the seed pods on the ground! You pick them
up, stick a paper clip through them, paint them, and use for Christmas
tree ornaments. That was you don't waste your money down at the store
- well, maybe the paint store - and that is on the good authority of
my Dad!

Oh, I forgot, you can string them, too! Then you hang them around
your house. Should I proceed to cockleburs?

Rusty Mase