Old 18-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Bashy Bashy is offline
Registered User

Cool Gladioli and Asiatic Lily bulbs - Advice please

Hi,

I have some glad and asiatic lily bulbs and was wondering what was the best time to plant them?
It says on the packets 'plant in spring'
Is it more beneficial to plant the bulbs in pots and start them off indoors, or can I plant them outside now for spring/summer flowering.
Basically, will they survive the frosts if I plant them out now?
Would it make much of a difference if started indoors?
I'm running out of space here!
If to be started off indoors, do I do it the same method as Begonia's. i.e surface planted until sprouts, then covered with damp soil!

Thanks in advance.