Old 18-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Bashy Bashy is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
A lot does depend on where you are. I am warmish location near London and we don't get much frost. I started some of my Gladioli off in pots last month on my warm sunny patio and I've just this week transferred them to their final pots. They are sprouting fine!

You could do the same with some of your bulbs in pots, which will give then a head start, but I would wait till April before putting the bulbs in the ground. It is best to stagger your plantings anyway as you will get more of a continuous show this summer. If you plant them indoors remember to keep them away from Radiatiors etc.
Hi Fluffball,

I'm in Essex.

Is it possible to just plant them in the ground the beginning of April?
I'm running out of room to pot them up!!

Cheers