Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
animaux

Default Nail-biting time

On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 21:47:46 GMT, Karen Kay wrote:

Is *one* freeze going to kill all the vegetable I have out there?
Will covering them with plastic help them survive longer? What do I
do with the green tomatoes? Is fresh lettuce a thing of the past?

Say goodbye to the green tomatoes and fry em up. Plastic is the worst thing to
cover things with. I cover my plants with burlap, old sheets, Remay and on top
of THAT I put some plastic.

Lettuce should be okay, but cover it to be sure. This is a cold front and you
can always throw out lettuce or any lettuce mix seeds when it warms up
again...and it will warm up.

I hate this cold.