Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
cat daddy

Default Nail-biting time

"Karen Kay" wrote in message
0...
animaux wrote in
:
Say goodbye to the green tomatoes and fry em up.

:-/

Plastic is the
worst thing to cover things with. I cover my plants with
burlap, old sheets, Remay and on top of THAT I put some plastic.

Okay. I'll try that.

Lettuce should be okay, but cover it to be sure. This is a cold
front and you can always throw out lettuce or any lettuce mix
seeds when it warms up again...and it will warm up.

I hate this cold.

Me, too. My tomato plants are butt-ugly--they grew nearly 9' tall
and I trimmed them back, but they are still kind of straggly.
Anyway, they still have lots of flowers and new tomatoes and I'm so
*proud* of them, I don't want them to die!!! (I know I'm being
silly--it's the first time I've grown vegetables in my own yard.)

I'm hoping the freeze didn't kill off the blossoms on my loquat tree like it
did in the Spring. $Deity knows why the damn thing decided to bud out this
late, but the fragrance was welcome and the bees had something to collect.
No ice in the water dishes this morning, so I may have dodged a bullet.