Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Terry Horton

Default Nail-biting time

On Fri, 06 Dec 2002 02:16:42 GMT, animaux wrote:

On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 21:47:46 GMT, Karen Kay wrote:

Is *one* freeze going to kill all the vegetable I have out there?
Will covering them with plastic help them survive longer? What do I
do with the green tomatoes? Is fresh lettuce a thing of the past?

Say goodbye to the green tomatoes and fry em up. Plastic is the worst thing to
cover things with. I cover my plants with burlap, old sheets, Remay and on top
of THAT I put some plastic.

On especially cold nights, or if it's windy, seal the bottom of you
cover with rocks, old, boards, etc. Covering plants works primarily by
trapping heat radiating up from the ground.

That final layer of plastic will help a lot on cold, windy days. Make
sure to pull it off if the sun is out next morning.