Old 20-03-2008, 03:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Hiya, I am new!! I also have a few questions

In article , Ginger1880.2572f96
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...

Hi there,

I am new, I live in the West coast of Scotland, I am 27

Hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions, they a

* I am propagating a few rosemary cuttings, I dipped the stems in root
hormone, place them around the edge of a pot and placed them in a bag
on a bright windowsill (indoors). Today I opened the bag for a peep and
a couple of them have started to show signs of mold starting, why is
this? Have a made the soil too damp?

They don't have to be in a bag.

The mold is probably due to humidity inside the bag. You didn't say
whether it was plastic or paper.

Propagate the cuttings in 2 inch cel-paks and you don't have to separate
them to repot when they get bigger. (They can grow up to be bushes.)