Old 19-03-2008, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Wilson[_2_] Chris Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default Best time to spray nettles and brambles? Best product

I am in Shropshire, England. Last year I sprayed a large swathe of nettles
and brambles on 7 acres of field and woodland we bought. I have knocked 7
bells out of the brambles, the nettles didn't suffer as much. I want to
finish them off this year, when's the best time to spray please? What's the
flavour of the month in regard to stuff to use, I don't want to kill grass
or ferns, if possible? I'll be using a comapct tractor spray and a back
pack spray. Thanks.